Please join us for our next PTSA meeting this Thursday, 2/13 at 7pm in the Lincoln Center. We will be continuing our election process and we need your valuable participation and input. If you are interested in serving on the PTSA board, please come to the meeting. This is an awesome way to get more involved at Lincoln and support all of the students, families, teachers and staff. Please consider being a part of this wonderful opportunity!
PTSA SPEAKER SERIES EVENT!!
Please join us on Tuesday, October 29 at 7pm in the Lincoln Center on the campus of Lincoln High School for a special screening of the documentary, ANGST. This is a great opportunity for parents and students to learn more about managing anxiety. After the film, a panel of mental health professionals will be available for a brief Q&A session.
This is a FREE event! Snacks available for sale.
|Angst is a film and virtual reality experience that explores anxiety, its causes, effects and what we can do about it. The filmmakers’ goal is to have a global conversation and raise awareness around anxiety. Angst features candid interviews with kids and young adults who suffer, or have suffered, from anxiety and what they’ve learned about it. The film includes discussions with mental health experts about the causes of anxiety and its sociological effects, as well as help, resources and tools.|
The Lincoln High School PTSA wishes you a terrific 2019-2020 school year!
Please consider joining the Lincoln PTSA.
Why Join the Lincoln High School PTSA?
We highly recommend that you become a member of the Lincoln High School PTSA! The PTSA exists to strengthen the community at Lincoln. As a member of the PTSA, you will receive important school and community information. The PTSA also raises money to support the specific needs of our whole school that EVERY student will benefit from.
Save the date for our first PTSA meeting! Thursday, August 22, 2019, 7:00pm in the Lincoln Center
Highlights from 2018-2019:
- Hosted inspirational speaker Jeff Eben to campus as part of our Speaker Series
- Provided several teacher grants including:
- 100 fitness bands and heart rate monitors for PE department
- Equipment to support the portable studio in the Visual Arts department
- Automatic digital egg incubator to support Chick Hatch project in the Biology Department
- Worked diligently to ensure that every classroom and school office has a fully supplied emergency backpack.
- Coordinated and hosted the Lincoln Student of the Month recognition program
- Awarded 11 college scholarships to seniors who meet the qualifications – seniors must be PTSA members to be eligible to apply.
- Hosted many staff appreciation activities including Back to School breakfast, Holiday luncheon, End of the Year celebration & provided snacks at 4 staff meetings throughout the year
- Organized 2 family movie nights in December and February
- Provided refreshments at annual spring awards night for over 300 students and families
- Organized volunteers for LHS registration & orientation, shadow days, back to school night and other events on campus throughout the year
Please consider getting involved and being a part of the Lincoln community. Memberships can be purchased individually or are included in the Lion Pride Package. Pay by cash or checks payable to Lincoln PTSA or via paypal on the Lincoln PTSA website.
¡La PTSA de Lincoln High School te desea un excelente año escolar 2019-2020!
¿Por qué unirse a la PTSA de Lincoln High School?
¡Le recomendamos que se convierta en miembro de la PTSA de Lincoln High School! El PTSA existe para fortalecer la comunidad en Lincoln. Como miembro del PTSA, recibirás información importante de la escuela y la comunidad. El PTSA también recauda dinero para apoyar las necesidades específicas de toda nuestra escuela de la cual CADA estudiante se beneficiará.
Guarda la fecha: primera junta, 22 de augusto, 7:00pm en el Lincoln Center
Que logramos en 2018-2019?
- Presentó al orador inspirador Jeff Eben al campus como parte de nuestra serie de oradores
- Proporcionó varias becas para maestros incluyendo:
- 100 bandas de fitness y monitores de ritmo cardíaco para el departamento de educación físicaEquipo para soportar el estudio portátil en el departamento de Artes Visuales.Incubadora de huevos digital automática para apoyar el proyecto Chick Hatch en el Departamento de Biología
- Trabajó diligentemente para garantizar que cada aula y oficina escolar tenga una mochila de emergencia completamente provista.
- Coordinó y organizó el programa de reconocimiento del Estudiante del Mes de Lincoln para garantizar que muchos estudiantes fueran reconocidos por su arduo trabajo y esfuerzo en el campus.
- Se otorgaron 11 becas universitarias a personas mayores que cumplan con los requisitos
- Organizó muchas actividades de apreciación del personal, como el desayuno de regreso a la escuela, el almuerzo festivo, la celebración del fin de año y proporcionó refrigerios en 4 reuniones del personal durante todo el año
- Organizamos 2 noches de cine familiar en diciembre y febrero.
- Proporcionó refrigerios en la noche anual de premios de primavera para más de 300 estudiantes y familias
- Voluntarios organizados para inscripción y orientación de LHS, días de sombra, noche de regreso a clases y otros eventos en el campus durante todo el año
Las membresías se pueden comprar individualmente o se incluyen en el Paquete Lion Pride. Pague en efectivo o con cheques pagaderos a Lincoln PTSA o mediante PayPal en el sitio web de Lincoln PTSA.
*** THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN REACHED. NO MORE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THE 2018/2019 SCHOOL YEAR ***
Dear PTSA Member,
Each year, the Lincoln High School PTSA offers scholarships to graduating seniors who are members of the PTSA. Ten scholarships of $500 each will be awarded and our scholarships are not based on family income.
To qualify, students must be graduating this current 2018-19 school year, have 2.5 or higher GPA, must have been a member of PTSA by February 1, 2019, and must complete a scholarship application by the deadline of April 3, 2019, by 12:00pm (noon). Late applications will not be accepted. No time extensions will be granted.
The application can be downloaded from lincolnptsa.org/scholarship and is also available now in the Principal’s Office from the Secretary, Melissa Marquez. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Winners will be announced at the Senior Awards Night on May 28, 2019.
Thank you for supporting the LHS PTSA!
PTSA Scholarship, Chairperson
PTSA Scholarship 2019
PURPOSE: To support higher learning through financial support for deserving graduating seniors from Lincoln High School who will be the future leaders in promoting the welfare of children and youth.
CRITERIA: The following criteria will be used to determine the successful candidate:
- Contributions to school community (i.e. tutoring, leadership and other school activities such as Sports, Music, Art, Drama etc.)
- Promoting the welfare of children (i.e. child advocacy activities)
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5
- Acceptance into a post high school education (i.e. junior college, 4 year college or vocational school)
- Proof of registration in post high school education classes(see above list
AWARD: There will be ten (10) $500 scholarships awarded.
DUE DATE: Return completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Melissa Marquez, Principal’s Secretary, no later than noon on April 3, 2019. No exceptions or extensions will be granted. If you are submitting a paper application, please be sure to limit your typed response to each of the three questions to no more than one page per question, using 12pt Helvetica font. Please use the numbered pages provided and do not put your name on any other page but the cover page.
SELECTION PROCESS: The selection committee is comprised of an administrator, designated by the principal, a PTSA parent member who does not have a senior applying for a scholarship, and the PTSA Scholarship Committee Chairperson. All applications will receive a blind read and will be assigned points by each committee member to ensure fairness to all applicants.
Post high school acceptance (i.e. junior college, 4-year college or vocational school) and PTSA membership will be verified prior to awarding scholarships.
The successful candidate will be notified at the Senior Awards Ceremony on May 28, 2019. The scholarship checks will be presented the week after graduation when all paperwork from your college registration/enrollment is presented, along with a copy of your high school diploma, and your PTSA membership card to the Chairperson of Scholarship Committee.
Please join use for the next meeting of the Lincoln PTSA on Thursday March 14. The General meeting starts at 7PM in the Lincoln Center (library & media center).
We look forward to having you join us!
Please join use for the next meeting of the Lincoln PTSA on Thursday January 10. The General meeting starts at 7PM in the Lincoln Center (library & media center).
Update: José Magaña unfortunately will not be joining us due to illness. We will work with Jose to reschedule for a future meeting.
José Magaña , the newly elected school board trustee for Area 2, which includes Lincoln High School, will join us to introduce himself and answer your questions.
In addition we will have the usual Principal’s update and discuss the PTSA plans to support the Lincoln community during the 2nd half of the school year.
We look forward to having you join us!
The next PTSA Meeting is Thursday, November 8.
The general membership meeting begins at 7PM in the Lincoln Center.
The meeting is open to the public and everyone is encouraged to attend. We look forward to seeing you there.
Eat at Ike’s Love and Sandwiches at 2235 The Alameda (near Santa Clara University) for a late lunch or dinner between 2PM-7PM on Tuesday September 25th to support Abraham Lincoln High School.
Just show them the flyer below on your smartphone or just tell the cashier you with to support Lincoln High School. Ike’s will donate 50% of your purchase to Lincoln High School Parent Teacher Student Association.